Vocabulary: Unit 3 (from Reading Explorer 3)
Vocabulary: Unit 3
3A SAVING THE PANDA
- self-sustaining: If something is self-sustaining, it is able to support itself without help from others.
- nature reserve: A nature reserve is an area of land where animals and plants are officially protected.
3B TRACKING THE SNOW LEOPARD
- stalk: If you stalk a person of animal, you follow them quietly.
- elusive: Something that is elusive is difficult to find.
- black market: If something is bought or sold on the black market, it is bought or sold illegally.
- wolf: a wolf is a wild animal that looks like a large dog.
Last modified: Friday, 11 June 2010, 9:04 PM