Vocabulary: Unit 2 (from Reading Explorer 3)
Vocabulary: Unit 2
2A THE ENIGMA OF BEAUTY
- enigma: An enigma is something that is mysterious or difficult to understand.
- crossed eyes: Crossed eyes are eyes that seem to look towards each other.
- cosmetic surgery: Cosmetic surgery is surgery done to make someone look more attractive.
- masculine: Masculine qualities and things are typical for men, in contrast to women.
2B SKIN: THE BODY'S CANVAS
- canvas: Canvas is a strong, heavy clothes often used to do oils paints on.
- salon: A salon is a place where people have their hair cut or colored, or have beauty treatments.
- UV rays: UV rays (or ultraviolet rays) are what causes your skin to go darker in color after having been in sun light.
- mafia: The mafia is a criminal organization that makes money illegally.
- industrialized nation: An industrialized nation is a country that has a lot of industry, such as factories, businesses, etc.
最後修改: 2010年 06月 11日(Fri) 20:59